Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ostrich Festival




We attended the annual Ostrich Festival. It sounds a little weird, but it really was so much fun. The city of Chandler puts on the festival every year. Craig and I went with our friends Aaron and Chelsea and we had such a great time. Of course we stuffed ourselves with great "carni" food, there is nothing better than a funnel cake and big Coke to wash it down. We watched the Ostrich races, yes that is a real thing. People actually get on those freakish birds and run them around a track, like it is some type of horse race. I think that Craig's favorite thing was the demolition derby. I think that Craig's idea of retirement for the Sonata would be along the same lines as the demolition derby (poor Sonata). We didn't go on any rides, just looking at those spinning things makes me sick. We had such a great time and I am sure we will be attending next year.

3 comments:

Neil and Roxy said...

Looks like you had fun! Glad I could find your blog:) I am so bummed we could not make it to the BBQ lastnight. I am glad to hear they have ostrich at the festival someone told me that they did not lol

The Grover Family said...

HEY!! Cute blog, glad to see you are still enjoying yourself down there! Give me a call someimte.... We have so much to gossip about!

Ang said...

So fun that you are a blogger now!!

Good luck on your run this weekend!