Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pat Tillman Race





I am addicted!!! I had my first race on Saturday, and I absolutely loved it. I ran the race with my two friends Chelsea and Hillary. We ran 4.2 miles and the coolest part of the race was the finish line. We ran into the ASU stadium and finished on the 42 yard line. I have to admit that I was pretty freaked out at first to run it, but after many pep talks from my running coach and encouraging words from Craig, I had to think of it as "just another morning run." We left for the race at 5:30 in the morning, we got to the race and got in line to start the race. My adrenaline kicked in immediately. I was so excited. The gun went off and we were off and running, there were 20,000 racers, so of course it was very crowded. I got stepped on 6 times, tripped once, and got ran into, but it was all worth it. As Chelsea and I were approaching the stadium, I couldn't believe that we were almost done, my runners high was going strong and I felt that I could run another 5 miles. We ran into the stadium and I was overwhelmed with the feeling of accomplishment. The race was such a great thing for me and I am already getting ready for my next race.

4 comments:

Harris Family said...

That is so awesome!! Way to go Sar! I wish you were here to kick my butt in gear - hey, I know - I'll come run it next year! That'd be fun!!

Dezaree said...

That is so amazing. Like I told you on the phone the other day, I really admire people who can do things like that. Who knows....maybe one day I will join you. ;)

Neil and Roxy said...

Congrats! That is so awesome!

The Johnsons said...

Way to go, races can be addicting. This is why I'm still running the Hood to Coast 3 years later and I swore I would only do it once to say that I had done it. Now I'm also running in the Wasatch Back Relay this year. I'm getting crazy. So glad it went well for you--hopefully you have recovered from all our bumps and bruises. P.S Got your message a week ago but I was in Oregon and then I had my in-laws in town until today so I promise I haven't gotten back to you.